The 2019 PYO strawberry season starts 26th December 2019 and runs through to late January/early February 2020.
2 locations are available for PYO strawberries;
- 228 Nixon Road, Taupaki – follow the sign posts to this beautiful rural location to PYO strawberries. Our famous real fruit ice cream and smoothies will be available on site. Eftpos available.
- 464 State Highway 16, Kumeu – PYO strawberries at our landmark home farm and real fruit ice cream shop + cafe.
Collect your bucket at the kiosk located at the front of the fields (you can bring your own bucket if you want), pay your entry fee (which includes your first kilo) and you’re ready to go!
Pick as much as you like, yes you can eat as you pick! Additional kilos are charged at $8.50 per kilo.
Once you have picked enough of our juicy red strawberries, make your way back to the kiosk to weigh and pay for any additional strawberries.
Guidelines and Pricing
- PYO runs from Boxing Day each year through to late January / early February
- Entry fee is set at $8.50 per adult (no entry fee for children under 12 when accompanied by a parent), which includes your first kilo of strawberries
- All subsequent kilos are charged at $8.50 per kilo
- It’s a good idea to bring a hat and sunblock with you on those warm days, gumboots are also a good idea if its been wet!